Saturday, June 18, 2016

Cigar oasis in Watertown , Ma.

As much as I enjoy cigars, I enjoy meeting cigar folks even better. Going back to Boston to visit family and friends, I made  time to pay a visit to a fine B and M establishment in the
 Watertown , Ma. area.  If you are not familiar with the geography, Watertown has a common border with Cambridge and Belmont Ma. 
Made a short trip to the Cigar and Lounge shop , 56 Dexter Ave, Watertown , 02472. ,617-393-1645, I introduced myself to one of the co owners of the lounge who gave me a brief history of the place and a tour of the facility.  I am sorry but cannot recall if I met Mike or Demian but either way, the introduction was great.
I felt at home right away as if I knew the place for years. The humidor was well stocked and cared for with a good selection of product.  Prices were moderate which is of course always a plus.  I settled in to watch the Red Sox with two men who were regulars at the lounge.  My choice for the game was a Flathead 660, a large gauge smoke with a very dark wrapper. This cigar could easily last 2 hours.  In fact, I never finished it as I needed to leave a little earlier than I planned.  
Lounge area
Back to the lounge which was well appointed with leather chairs, couches and a very good ventilation system. The talk was good, the vibes were good, the cigar was good, so what's better than that?
For locals there is a frequent card game, a cooler with soft drinks, and a very clean restroom. Sounds silly but this touch makes all the difference.
I would suggest if you are in the Boston area, drop by  say hello, introduce yourself and plan to stay a couple of hours.  Parking is available on the street.  There are very few places in Boston where you can smoke in peace anymore, as restrictive laws are making more difficult to enjoy this pleasure.
Cigar display
             
                                                                                  

   
                    Keep smoking
View of the lounge

No comments:

Post a Comment