Thursday, March 23, 2017

I can get used to this / Cigar Review

             Cigar Review:

I have remarked several times recently  that I do not smoke many Maduro cigars. Yet in the last  weeks I have reviewed three Maduro smokes. Not sure if this is a trend but let's get to my thoughts on Perdomo Habano Maduro. This cigar was given to me gratis as part of a sampler from Lone Wolf Cigar Lounge in Los Angeles.
As always, how and where I received the cigar does not impact my judgement . I suggest you make your own subjective call on this cigar or any cigar you are so inclined to smoke.

Brand/Name of Cigar: Perdomo/ Habano Maduro

Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Size: 5 x 52
Wrapper: Nicaragua/Maduro
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Shape: Robusto
Price: Sampler package , no charge, Lone Wolf Cigar Lounge
Where and when smoked: Los Angeles, Ca. March, 19, 2017


Appearance/ Construction:

This is a very cool looking cigar with a darkish wrapper bordering on black. It has an oily feel, solid construction , no major vein issues. The band combo is eye popping which makes the appearance of the cigar even more attractive. Cigars need not to be beautiful but I think this one is.










Flavor/ Taste and Aroma
            
 The initial foray into the cigar was smooth, with a grey ash and medium profile. What hit me was a very unusual caramel, creamy taste almost like a thin mint Girl Scout cookie. There was the mint essence but not clingy sweet. Liked it a great deal. 











Smoking Characteristics:

                                                              
               
The smoke was smooth, just slightly off in the burn but was cool and without any  hitches .
  I wish more cigars behaved in this manner. I had no complaints.

Conclusion/Overall Impression: 

This is a great example of a high quality cigar for a very reasonable price point. It shows very good value and shows you do not have to overspend for a well crafted cigar.  Cigars of this type are around but you may need to hunt to find them. Of you can read cigar blogs and make your search much easier.

Final Thoughts and Numbers:

Appearance/Construction: 4 out of 5
Flavor/ Taste and Aroma: 4 out of 5
Smoking Characteristics : 3.8 out of 5
Overall:  3.9 out of 5

A definite addition for your collection. Perdomo cigars are a sometime item for me. Some companies just fall off the radar and I think this is the case in my cigar world.  My Maduro interest is getting higher up in the charts as I have had several good choices lately.

Keep smoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment