Sunday, October 25, 2015

Immortal cigar review from Famous Cigars


It's time for another cigar review with this interesting blend from Famous Cigars. As always the review are my thoughts with the disclaimer that I received the smokes gratis which in no way impacts what the rating will be. 
Check out this link too if you decide to make a purchase:  https://www.famous-smoke.com/immortal+toro+cigars/item+48768

Immortal Toro
Strength : Full
Shape: Full
Size: 6 X 52
Country: Nicaragua 
Wrapper Color: Natural
Wrapper Origin: Nicaraguan
Wrapper Leaf: Habano

A deep color with a hearty appearance. It looks powerful with some slight veins but no flaws that mar the look.
Flavor , taste and aroma
The initial light had a very even burn , a grey ash that held it's shape. It had a minty flavor, creamy with no spice. Wanted to see what direction the blend would take me. With a Habano leaf one would expect a spicy blast eventually.
Looking good after 15 minutes smoking this baby. Still getting the minty overtones with a release of almond now popping. Liking it with no burn issues. That's always a good sign for me.
Here is another look  about 20 minutes in.
Just had this thought about the label. I had trouble reading it. I think presentation is a great marketing tool as sometimes you need to grab the attention of the consumer. I am sure a fair amount of insight goes into this process so if the label is difficult to figure out, it might give you second thoughts about purchasing the cigar. I eventually took the label off as you can see in the next picture.
As we moved on the cigar still held my interest . Flavor remained on the medium side so my expectation of a stronger hit of pepper and spice did not come. 
Couple of points. The burn was pretty good but did have a slight issue of an uneven burn about 3/4 into the cigar. That could have been how I lite it so no points off for that. It never did quite get to a full bodied smoke but that's still ok.

Here is a link that will provide you with more information about this blend and make a purchase .https://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/immortal+cigars
Overall this is how I see it.

Appearance and construction: 3.5 out of 5
Flavor/Taste and Aroma: 3.5 out of 5
Overall impression and conclusion: 3.5 out of 5

Good price point and worth a try.

Keep smoking

No comments:

Post a Comment